Pool Usage Rules
Revised May, 2013
All families using the pool must have a pool key. Please remember that every home is allowed a maximum of two guests at a time, unless you've made prior arrangements to rent out the pool for a party.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Use of the pool facility is restricted to homeowner's and their allowable guests. The homeowner must be present at all times. Proof of residence may be restricted.
- Swimmers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or competent adult age 18 or older.
- Smoking, Glass, Alcohol, and non-service animals are prohibited.
- Pool entrance gate must remain closed and locked at all times. Tampering with the pool rope and/or other safety equipment will result in closure of the pool.
- All allowable food and beverages must be kept and consumed in the cabana area. You are responsible for cleanup of all food, beverages, etc.
- Running, pushing, dunking and rough play is prohibited.
- No forward dives, back flips, or spins are allowed off the side of the pool.
- Diapers, cutoff shorts, and/or other makeshift swimsuits will not be permitted in the water. A shirt may be worn over swimwear.
- Improper public displays of affection are prohibited.
- Foul or abusive language, symbols and/or gestures are prohibited.
All Board and Pool Committee members have the authority to enforce the above rules and may remove anyone who violates them.
A warned will be given for the first offense. Subsequent offences can result in removal from the pool facility and fines. If you are a guest or tenant, the responsible homeowner will receive the fine on your behalf. All Board and Pool Commitee members have the authority to close the pool due to misconduct, or for any safety and/or maintenance reason!
DO NOT: sit, stand, lay, pull, play, disconnect, or hold onto the rope in a non-emergency. The rope must be properly attached or the pool will be closed until repairs are made. ZERO TOLERANCE is in effect.
The lock on the pool gate was changed and a new key provided in 2015. If you did not receive a key then your association dues are not current; you must bring them current to receive a key.
The keys cannot be duplicated. The keys are numbered, and the key you receive is registered to your address.
A $25 charge will be made to replace your key if it is lost, misplaced, or stolen and you wish to replace it. If you sell your home a $25.00 fee will be charged at closing if the key is not returned to the association at:
Broadway Village Homeowners Association
c/o L and R Systems
P.O. Box 472864
Garland, TX 75047-2864
The pool is open from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. Following Labor Day Weekend, the pool will be open on weekends for the month of September. Times of operation are 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.